I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Presidents' Day


In honor of Presidents’ Day, I thought I would share some great quotes from many of our Nation’s leaders. May “we the people” be praying boldly as we prepare to vote on a new leader later this year. I pray our next leader will love God and lead courageously and unapologetically by the Word of God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.”  
~ George Washington

“We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!”  
~ John Adams

“Finally, it is my most fervent prayer to that Almighty Being before whom I now stand, and who has kept us in His hands from the infancy of our Republic unto the present day, that He will so overrule all my intentions and actions and inspire the hearts of my fellow-citizens that we may be preserved from dangers of all kinds and continue forever a united and happy people.” 
 ~ Andrew Jackson

“Inside the Bible’s pages lie the answers to all the problems that mankind has ever known. I hope Americans will read and study the Bible.”
~ Ronald Reagan

“We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.”
~ Abraham Lincoln

“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.”  
~ Theodore Roosevelt

“We are commanded by God and called by our conscience to love others as we want to be loved ourselves.”
~ George W. Bush

“If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.”
~ Ronald Reagan

“Before any man can be considered as a member of civil society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe. And to the same Divine Author of every good and perfect gift we are indebted for all those privileges and advantages, religious as well as civil, which are so richly enjoyed in this favored land.”  
~ James Monroe

“Without God there could be no American form of government, nor an American way of life. Recognition of the Supreme Being is the first, the most basic, expression of Americanism. Thus, the founding fathers of America saw it, and thus with God’s help, it will continue to be.”
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

“The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country.”
~ Calvin Coolidge

“The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.”
~ John F. Kennedy

“It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.”
~ George Washington

“The Bible is the first and almost the only book deserving of universal attention.”
~ John Quincy Adam

“The study of the Bible is a post-graduate course in the richest library of human experience.”
~ Hebert Hoover

“Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental and enduring than the Bible.” 
~ Ronald Reagan

“The spirit of our people is the source of America's strength. And we go forward with trust in that spirit, confidence in our purpose, and faith in a loving God who made us to be free.”
~ George W. Bush

“The reason that Christianity is the best friend of government is because Christianity is the only religion that changes the heart.”  
~ Thomas Jefferson




 For more on the history of Presidents' Day check out: http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/presidents-day

No comments:

Post a Comment