I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Celebrating All Things...LOVE!

I slept in until 6:30 this morning! Well, I choose the word “slept” loosely because it was actually more…I stayed in bed until 6:30. I was wide awake at 5:30. Lol! But anyway, it was nice not to have to jump out of bed on this freezing cold morning. I love waking up and looking beside me to see my everyday “Valentine” sleeping so peacefully. Just the sight of him there and knowing how much he loves me makes this day even brighter! Then I come downstairs to my cozy chair, warm fleece blanket, silence throughout the house, a hot cup of coffee and open my Bible to read this beautiful love letter by my Heavenly Father. On this Valentine’s weekend is there any greater love we could fathom than that of what this passage says right here?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16 KJV

Oh…TRUE LOVE! He did this for ME…for YOU! No greater love!

So, I imagine this weekend will be all things “Valentine” for most. I don’t know if that is in a positive light for you or a negative but we sure do see lots of big puffy red hearts and cupids lurking around every store corner. It’s a weekend to celebrate love and all that goes along with it. Because Valentine’s falls on the weekend after our anniversary where we usually get away together, we have always spent Valentine’s Day celebrating the love of our family with our kids. I love it and I am ready to celebrate!

It’s been an emotional week for me! We’ve had the joy of anniversary and birthday celebrations. Then there’s been the sadness of doors beginning to close and also the excitement of new doors cracking open. Yes, an emotional roller coaster of a week but one thing that has been constant is the immense joy of seeing God’s faithfulness revealed in every turn! His overpowering love on this child astounds me most days! God’s love is absolutely AMAZING! So I am ready to bask in His love this weekend and spend some time with my wonderful family and the love we have for each other.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating those you love so much! I am going to take my hubby breakfast in bed, wake up my sleepy kiddos and then get ready for Matt’s birthday party tonight! He is worth celebrating! The love of my life!

Happy Valentine’s weekend to ALL! May you celebrate God’s unconditional love for YOU!

“We love him, because he first loved us.”

1 John 4:19 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment