I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Year!

Leap year! Every four years there is an extra day added to the end of an already short month and we call it "Leap Year".

An extra day!

I was sitting contemplating this extra day and why all of this happens, so I decided to Google it. Because that's how you find all sorts of information nowadays. Lol!

So here is what I found on the Internet:

~~~~
"Normally our calendar years are made up of 365 days, but every four years we add a day to make what is known as a ‘leap year’.
Here's why:
The Gregorian calendar, the most widely used across the globe, measures a year to be 365 days following the Earth's orbit around the Sun.
However, the Earth's orbit takes 365.24 days to complete its solar orbit and an extra day every four years is added to keep calendar seasons synchronized with solar seasons.
If we didn’t do this the seasons would shift around the calendar, and in 750 years’ time June would find itself in the middle of winter."
~~~~

Wow! Makes pretty good sense to me. There is enough complaining around my town in the winter months as it is. If the month of June was cold here, that would probably send some people right over the edge. Lol!

So from what I gather, this "leap" is necessary to continue making the calendar run on target and keep all months in their proper seasons.....

Hmmmmmm......

Keep in their proper seasons....

A few months ago, God called Matt and me to make a huge leap of faith into some unknown journeys. Unknown to us that is. God was and is fully aware of every step, every leap we take and directs them all. Together, hand in hand, we took that leap trusting God, knowing His ways are not our ways and His plans are not our plans. But with full confidence of His divine plan! In order for us to stay in line with His purpose, He called us out in this huge leap of faith because He knew our season was changing. New seasons were on the horizon!

Well, today that new season begins. Isn't it just like God to add some humor and bring some laughter to our journey as our HUGE leap of faith begins on "Leap Year"?

We are ready! We are excited for this new season of life and we trust in our great and glorious God! He truly makes all things new and we give HIM praise! All glory and honor are HIS!

What about YOU? Has God called you to trust Him fully and take a leap of faith? It's time to lay down your fears and your anxieties and fully trust the One who created you; the One who loves you like no other and wants the absolute BEST for your life! Take the leap with HIM!

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:"
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11 (NIV)

“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)

“He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.”

Daniel 2:21 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment