I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, February 21, 2016

HIStory...a continuation!

For those that are avid readers, when you find a book that you absolutely love, coming to the end of it can be sad. You read and engross yourself in the story only to get to the end and you want it to continue. Great are the books in a series where you know the next novel will be out soon and you can continue the story you've grown to love.

That is where I am today....

Today begins a week of closing chapters in my life. Chapters that have been opened for many years with such depth and beauty but the time has come to close them and it's hard. What a beautiful part of my story! It has been a time of much growth in Christ, sweet memories and, of course, wonderful relationships that I am thankful will continue on to the sequel.

But even as those chapters in my life will close, I stand amazed as the dawn of a new novel is beginning...the sequel to an ongoing story. Yes, there is the heartache of endings but there is also the excitement of new beginnings. All my lessons learned and life experiences will ultimately be part of a larger story.....the story that God is writing on my life. It is a continuation and I trust the Author and all that He has in store as He pens every page.

HIStory is MY story!

I'm so eternally grateful that my Heavenly Father is the Author of my life! He can pen the pages so beautifully and orchestrate every word and detail so much better than I could ever attempt. At times, I'm not sure what genre of novel it is. Lol! Some days it feels like a mystery, some days it feels like a thriller, and some days it feels as though it could be a book of comedy. But in reality, it is a love story! It is the story of a loving Father ushering his daughter through this life on a journey as she seeks His will, making mistakes along the way, but ultimately growing in the love of her Father as she strives to be obedient to Him. The story is mine and He is still penning the pages of my life. It will never be on the New York Times Best Seller list but it is #1 on God's list and that is what matters!

So through the drama, the mystery, the romance, the hilarity, the "realness"...I go forward today a blank page ready to be filled with ink from the pen of my Father as he continues my story.....HIStory! I will walk boldly and courageously sharing His message, as He has called me to, and I will sing His praises as He continues to unfold this beautiful love story.

To God be the glory!

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

“Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”

Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment