I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Life is Hard, BUT GOD is Good!


Saturday morning! The day my family gets to sleep in and my time on the front porch with Jesus lasts a little longer. Oh, how needed it is this morning! You know those days that are just hard? And then you have those days that are even harder than that?

Yep, that was my week.

Life is hard, BUT GOD is good! ALWAYS!

BUT GOD!! Hallelujah!

This morning I picked up my Bible to head outside and it was like my soul felt so content as soon as my hands wrapped around that precious book. Feeling the weight of all those pages infused with the breath of my Father and holding his love note to me was, in itself, so healing and comforting. And as soon as I walked outside, this verse of scripture came to my mind:

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”
Isaiah 40:8 (NKJV)

This life on earth is temporary. Flowers will fade, grass withers up, discouragement will come, people will disappoint, sickness happens, death is mourned....Yes, life is hard! But I have to remember that this is not my home. I'm just passing through until I spend eternity with my Father in heaven. So when things on this earth disappoint and I feel discouraged, as I have so much this week, I have to continually immerse myself in truths of God's Word and depend on him to see me through. So many times I look through the lens of my own eyes and I see the hurt and evil in this world but when I look through the lens of my Father, I see a whole different view. I see the beauty of his creation, I see the blessings shining brighter than any pain, and I see the hope of glory! We are here for His glory and to fulfill His purpose for our lives and though it may be hard, the reward of eternal life with Him will be so worth it!

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
Psalms 16:11 (NLT)

So, today, I will look through the lens of my Father. I want to see others the way he does. I want to see his glory all around me and look for ways to be the blessing to others. I will wait patiently on him during these seasons of "wait" and trust his heart. I will praise HIM because he is so worthy! Because the same God I praise on the mountaintops is the same God who carries me through each valley!

I'm HIS child. Redeemed by HIS blood. Walking in HIS grace. Living for HIS glory! Hallelujah!

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31 (NKJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment