I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More Than Just a Doughnut!


Callie and I went into town for a couple errands yesterday and decided to surprise the boys before heading home with a stop by Dunkin Donuts. We had our BOGO coupon and were picking out favorites for the boys. As we were about to pay, the manager comes out and says, "I hope you enjoy these. They were just baked fresh!" Well, who doesn't like a fresh-made doughnut? What really struck me was the amount of pride he had for this product he just finished for his customers. He was the epitome of what a good worker is to me. He was passionate and stood behind his product to give the absolute best to his customers. He also took time to talk to us and let us know why this product was great. Let me say, that really impressed me! It also rubbed off on his employee because she too had a bubbly personality and showed great customer service. I expressed to him my gratitude for such wonderful customer service and Callie and I both left with smiles and excitement to support them and enjoy these freshly baked doughnuts!

Shouldn't that be how we all are with our jobs? Shouldn't we all display that kind of excitement and passion about what we do? As a child of God, my ultimate responsibility is to work for the Lord. All I do should honor and glorify him so I should give it my all....with a good attitude.

This passage of scripture from Colossians addresses just how we are to work:

"Servants, do what you’re told by your earthly masters. And don’t just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you’ll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you’re serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn’t cover up bad work."
Colossians 3:22-25 (MSG)

No matter what our jobs are, whether out in the work force or right at home, we are to honor God first in all we do!

What a beautiful testimony yesterday by that sweet man in Dunkin Donuts! He blessed my heart with his passion! And he was right...that doughnut was AMAZING! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment