I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Bible Study is Coming Soon!


In a little less than two weeks, summer Bible study begins! This is the 3rd year that I have had the honor of facilitating a summer study and each summer I have been so blessed and nourished by my time in the Word. After my struggle a few years ago, I developed such a longing for the Word and knew that my soul couldn’t thrive without the daily nourishment of the Word but also the accountability of more in depth study. I knew I needed other women to hold me accountable for being in the Word and to be in times of prayer together. It was vitally important to me. But during the summer months, most everything quiets down. So, a few summers ago, God laid it on my heart to see if some other ladies would be willing to join me in an in-home Bible study. What a blessing! About 10 ladies would join together each week in my good friend’s home and we would search the scriptures together and pray for each other. Then the next summer, we did the same thing and this time more ladies came! It was such a beautiful time together over those 12 weeks!

This year, I was selected to be on the launch team for Beth Moore’s newest Bible study, “Children of the Day”. It was to be released in May and I was one of many ladies across the country selected to help spread the word, post media clips, and pray as this Bible study would be released. It was an honor to be selected, but it also confirmed to me that more and more women were craving the Word. Over the last few months on this launch team, I have heard from so many women and have listened to their struggles of keeping everything together. The house, their jobs, their kids, all the family activities and they were lacking time in the Word along with the support and encouragement of having others to hold them accountable. I understood exactly what they were saying.

So, this summer, I knew that God was leading me to facilitate this newest study. Yes, summer is hard to hold studies, right? Everyone goes on vacation and no one wants to commit to a weekly study during their down time. Well, I just put it in the Lord’s hands and began to pray. I knew from the lessons on 1 & 2 Thessalonians that this would be a subject matter I needed to go deeper in scripture and felt that other ladies would too. I began making plans for the summer study when I was asked to facilitate it at my own church. What a blessing! So we began getting the word out and praying that God would prick the hearts of women to join together and commit this summer to studying the scriptures together. Not just women from my church but women from all over. Lord, send those that need this study as I do.

Well, here we are, just under two weeks away from the start date and we are expecting almost 70 ladies at this point! Wow! Praise God that women are hungry for the Word and ready to join together in study of the most precious Book ever written!

O, how my heart is bursting as I see other women accept the challenge to go deeper in the Word! My prayer is that each and every one of us begins this study with hearts abandoned to Jesus. I pray that we lay down everything on the altar and commit to gaining knowledge of His Word but that we walk away from this study after 9 weeks with lives that are changed forever. I pray that we walk away with a passion for Jesus and spread the message to all we see! I pray that this will be a summer like no other; that we grow a passion and longing for Jesus and that our hearts are forever changed by the Gospel!

Ladies, who else wants to join me? Who will commit to growing with me in Christ? Who else wants to make this a summer like no other in the Word and take this journey with Jesus? You don’t have to have great knowledge of the scriptures or know 100 Bible verses. You can come even if you will miss a week or two for vacations. Just come! Come just as you are and let God do the rest!

June 16 we begin the journey! It’s not too late! Come and bring a friend and let’s make this summer ALL about HIM!


“Now may the Lord direct your hearts toward the love of God and the endurance of Christ.”
2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NET)

“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.”
2 Peter 3:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment