I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, July 13, 2013

~ A Mom's High Honor ~


I get asked this question by moms all the time...
"How do I get my children to love the Word of God?"

Well, your children need to see their mom reading the Word, studying the Word, praying the Word, talking about the Word, but most importantly...living the Word! Be a living testimony of the power in that precious Book and pray over your children!

I am living proof! Growing up I witnessed my mom immersed in God's Word daily. She lived it in front of me and taught it to me! Because of her deep love for the Word and prayer over her children, I am forever hooked! I saw the magnificence of God's love lived out through my mom and now I cannot get enough my God and His amazing Word! My desire is to know my God more, to love Him more, and to serve Him more! I now have that same opportunity to share that deep love with my own children and pray that they grow to love it and live it as well! Such big responsibility but such great honor!

Don't lose heart dear, sweet mamas. Hold tight to His Word and keep on praying! Live it out loud and continue being a shining light to your children!

"Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that’s in you, love him with all you’ve got! Write these commandments that I’ve given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates."
Deuteronomy 6:5-9 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment