I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, June 23, 2012

~ Sitting At The Feet Of Our Master ~


One of my favorite summertime activities is sitting on my front porch early in the morning and reading God's Word.  God has blessed me with a beautiful view and amazing sounds of his creation which all make the perfect setting for alone time with him.  With no school bells ringing, I look forward to these early morning rendezvous at my Master's feet. There is just something about those quiet morning hours with Jesus that I can't get enough of.   

Even my four-legged friend, Louie, looks forward to these mornings! I know it sounds crazy to you but Louie knows that when I pick up my Bible and cup of coffee that I am going outside. He starts to spaz out a little until I open the door, sit in my comfy rocking chair, and put my Bible on my lap.  Then he takes his place right at my feet, or right on my feet as he is doing this morning (you can see in the picture).  He knows there is comfort at his master's feet. He is at peace at his master's feet. 

When I think about all the times in scripture when Jesus was teaching, so many people were there in his presence to hear him teach.  I wonder, did they realize whose feet they were sitting at?  We know from reading, that there were those who actually grasped the moment of being at his feet.  Recall the story of Mary and Martha in Luke chapter 10, as they were hosting Jesus in their home.  Martha was in a tizzy because she was doing all the work and her sister Mary was being "lazy" just sitting there listening to Jesus speak.  But notice where Mary was....

"She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said." Luke 10:39 

She was at his feet! That is my girl! She knew the amazing opportunity that was in front of her and she seized the moment! Did you get that? SHE SEIZED THE MOMENT OF SITTING AT HER MASTER'S FEET! Oh my dear friends, how many times do we miss those opportunities to sit at Jesus feet and listen to his words? We have them right in our hands.  There will always be things and tasks that need to be done, but don't ever miss the incredible moments you can have when you pause to hear him, feel him, in his very presence.   

As Jesus answered Martha's whining and complaining that day, he did so with such grace.  He said to her, 

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 

Jesus longs to spend this time with you.  The Savior of the world wants to spend time with you! Seize the moment! 

I urge you to take some time today and "choose what is better".  Take your Bible and find a quiet place to sit at his feet.  There is peace, there is comfort, and there is joy at your Master's feet!  

Blessings at HIS feet today, 

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment