I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, May 31, 2013

~ Sweet Summertime ~

Yesterday was Ben and Callie's last day of school! Caleb finished last week but the other two had a final exam to complete. Now summer can officially begin! I still work in the summer but on a much slower scale, so we were all doing the summer happy dance last night. Well, me not so much movin' and groovin' with my back still not 100%, but I was really going to town on the inside! Lol! Anyway, Callie told me she knew exactly what I'd be doing this morning. My favorite summertime activity is waking up early and moving my quiet time onto the front porch. During the school year it's pretty dark on the front porch at 5:00-6:00 in the morning and my time is limited since we head out the door at 7:15, but during the summer, it's absolutely perfect at 6:30 and I have more time to spend with my Jesus! Just the two of us sometimes for a couple of hours! Coffee in hand, Word of God on my lap, big dog at my feet! Haha! But it's absolute joy!  My sweet Callie knows the excitement I get with those secret rendezvous with Jesus. She knows just how special they are to me and what nourishment I receive from that alone time with my Savior.

As I spoke with my Jesus this morning, I shared with him my heart. This last month has been full of many emotions, many trials, many changes, many joys, and many lessons learned. So to sit and reflect on those today, gave me great hope for the days ahead. During the month of May, I faced "goodbyes" as the preschool year ended as did my time as cheer coach, a new office and job position with big responsibility, a new decade of my life, and also some hurtful criticism in the form of private Facebook messages. So the month as been all over the place. Closing this month and seeking what God wants me to learn and grow from it, I am overwhelmed at his goodness. 

When "goodbyes" have to be said, he promises to never leave me.

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)

When new opportunities arise, he promises to guide my steps.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)

When hurtful words are spoken, he reminds me that I am his wonderful creation and speaks encouragement to my soul.

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

And when I seek his face, HE ALWAYS SHINES! 

"Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!"
I Chronicles 16:11 (NKJV)

Oh, how I love my Jesus! He is all I need! This quiet time to rest and refresh my spirit is all about HIM! He shows me what to do and where to go. He corrects my ways and sets my paths straight.

This is how I begin my summer! At HIS feet! 

SUMMER

S - Surrender all to him! (James 4:8)

U - Understand his promises! (2 Corinthians 1:20-22)

M - Meditate daily on His Word and obey! (Joshua 1:8)

M - Minister to those I come in contact with the love of Christ! (1 Peter 4:10)

E - Encourage those around me! (1 Thessalonians 4:18)

R - Rest in his arms! (Psalm 46:10)

Oh, sweet SUMMER! My adventure with JESUS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment