I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, May 25, 2013

~ Getting our Summer In Focus ~

Spending time with Jesus first thing in the morning is absolute necessity for me! Add to that a hot cup of coffee, cool breeze, my cozy spot on the porch, and a big golden retriever that lays at my feet and it's pretty amazing! 

My times with Jesus are intimate....personal. It's time for me to give him praise because He is God. It's time for me to read and feast on His Word so I can continue this journey of life in His will. It's time for me to confess those areas I've messed up and accept His grace and forgiveness because He forgives immediately. It's time to bring my burdens and cares at his feet believing that He has it ALL under control. It's time to sit and be quiet in his presence so I can hear His voice. 

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God."
Psalms 84:1-2 (NLT)

Oh, how precious this time is! This is how I can go forward day by day! Just as I need food and water as sustenance to live physically, all the more I need this time with my Lord as sustenance for my soul. I crave it, I need it, I adore it. I adore HIM! 

"Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness."
1 Peter 2:2-3 (NLT)

Sweet friends, I don't know what your days are like. Yours may be beautiful and easy or they may be dreary and difficult. But whatever they are, I encourage you to give God the first breaths of your day. Just as I cannot fathom waking up in the morning and knowing my husband and children are right there beside me but never speaking to them or taking time to tell them "good morning" with a smile and an "I love you" because I am too tired and busy, I cannot fathom ignoring my God, the Creator of the universe, my Savior who died for me, my Redeemer. He is right there waiting for that one-on-one time with me....His child! 

It's time we put our priorities back in line with scripture. It's time we focus our attention on Christ. 

Summer is upon us and beach plans are made, boats are going in the water, vacations are about to take off, and the fun is beginning BUT I urge you not to neglect the One who makes it all possible. Give Him your first thoughts, your first breath in the mornings, and your first praise! He deserves all of it and so much more!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne."
Hebrews 12:1-2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment