I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, June 14, 2015

What if...

This morning I sit on my front porch before church, Bible on my lap, coffee in hand and bask in this beautiful sunshine God has blessed us with. I sit, and rock, and pray, and read, and pray some more, and then I sit in silence and just be still before my Lord. No other place I would rather be than in the presence of my Lord!
On my heart today, I ponder some "what if's":

What if we truly lived each day with lives surrendered to the will of God? Matthew 16:24-25

What if we woke up every morning, laid down our "wants" and asked God to make our desires HIS desires? Psalm 37:4

What if we set out to live this day by "your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path"? Psalm 119:105

What if we truly lived "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind & strength and love your neighbor as yourself"? Matthew 22:37-39

What if we lived our lives as praise offerings to Jesus instead of ourselves? Hebrews 13:15
What if we woke up each day with a burning passion to tell others the gospel message? Matthew 28:18-20

What if we surrendered our "entitlement attitude" and replaced it with a genuine humility that we are blessed with another breath on this earth to praise and serve the ONE TRUE GOD? Philippians 2:3-11

What if...…..

Yes, that's a lot to ponder this morning. I think I'll make another cup of coffee. Lol! Then I'll take these "what if's" on my face before my God and know that it starts with me.

Lord, change my heart and make it beat in tune with yours. Wipe away the dirt and grime so my life shines brightly for YOU. May the beautiful aroma that is YOU seep out of every pore of my body so that others don't see me but see YOU in me. Help me love as YOU love. Let my life be a pleasing sacrifice to YOU, precious Lord. I thank YOU for your mercy and your grace. I praise YOU, Father, because YOU are worthy and I lift my heart and hands in surrender, today, to YOUR will. I will walk in your Word as it guides and corrects my path. Let every breath from my mouth echo your goodness and ignite a passion in me like never before to share the good news to all around me. This life belongs to YOU, Lord! I surrender ALL to YOU! Have YOUR way in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment