I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Remembering the Journey and Pressing on in Christ

This was me (and my lovely sister, Leslie) exactly 4 years ago today. I have this app on my phone called “Timehop”. You may have heard of it. It takes a look back at your photos and your social media posts over the years and allows you to take a walk down memory lane. This one hit me hard! You see, I had worked extremely hard in the years before this photo at losing a lot of weight and getting healthier and the day this photo was taken, Leslie and I had run a 5K in honor of our sister, Amy, who had beaten breast cancer. Several years before this I was not a runner (unless someone was chasing me! Lol!) and had a lot of weight on me that needed to come off. Well, through a lot of prayer and hard work, I got it off. But then…..

What you also don’t know is that the day this photo was taken was also toward the beginning of another journey; a journey that would take me through a lot, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  Things would get harder and more difficult to understand. Physically and mentally I struggled through hardships and not knowing exactly what was going on but I was so thankful for a wonderful Christian doctor and family and friends that kept me encouraged and prayed for. Over the next couple of years, my health issues got resolved but through it all, the weight would come back on and with a vengeance I might add. So, looking at this picture, it wells up a lot of emotions. I look back and realize how difficult that time was and was getting ready to get and though my waistline has expanded (and every other area of my body. Ha!) my heart for God took on new growth as well. He grew me in ways that stretched my faith and trust like never before. He was the Rock that I clung to in dark times. He began showing me just how strong He is and how He is all I need!

He began opening new doors and closing others that had been opened for years. Life was changing but He was at the lead and I was a willing vessel ready to go where He wanted me to go. The more I feasted on Him, the more I desired. I was ready to step out and go…

Then came more detours and trials, though not physically this time, still challenging all the same. So, I put things aside and began to focus on the task at hand, still trusting that all things are in His hands and His time.

Over the last several months, Matt and I have been praying as God has been challenging us to dig deep and keep trusting. There are not enough spaces on the internet for me to put into words what an amazing, godly husband I have. Matt has been my encourager, my prayer warrior, my godly counsel and my biggest supporter in all things. Through it all, he has loved me unconditionally. He has loved me at my thinnest and at my biggest…again, and also at the times when I’m not lovable. I am eternally grateful to God for the partner and husband he so graciously gave me.

Well, the day came, or should I say late night came when we took the next step. God whispered, “Come”, and I got out of the boat and began heading toward Him.

There have been roadblocks along the way over the last few months, testing our faith to continue. But we will continue! Please be in prayer for me over the next couple of months as I take some huge leaps of faith to follow God’s leading. I just want to be obedient! Plain and simple…well, we all know obedience isn’t always simple but you know what I mean. Haha!

Even this morning as I was contemplating some decisions in the next few days, I was dealing with self-doubt. Then an email comes out of the blue from my wonderful mom with such godly wisdom and scripture to encourage me to press on.  She was reminding me of the journey God has had me on and this is just a continuation of that. It’s not about me! Well, the floodgates were opened, the tears poured and God reminded me again that He will provide the manna needed for the journey. Every piece, every morsel, every bite…He will provide! Praise HIM!

Sometimes we have only enough light for the step we are on but when that Light is Jesus…it is ALL we need!

So, here I go…trusting, praying, believing and praising my GOD!


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

 Proverbs 3:5-6

** And for those wondering, NO, I am not leaving my job and NO, we are not moving! ;) ** 





No comments:

Post a Comment