I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Opportunities All Around!

Don't you just love those first minutes in the morning when you realize God as gifted you with breath in your lungs for another day and the opportunities to praise him are endless?

Oh, thank you, Father, for the gift of life!

"The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
Job 33:4 (NIV)

I praise him for these few minutes out on my porch before the heat index rises to craziness and for an air conditioning system that is holding out so far. I praise him for safety for my husband who is another country working hard, for my teenagers who had an amazing first day of church camp, and my sweet 11-year-old son who had to hang with his mom through a day of work and ladies Bible study only to go to bed last night and say what a great week it is spending time with me!
So many things to praise my God for today! When you look at the world through anything other than the lens of the Savior then it look bleak and of no hope. But when you put things in a heavenly perspective and realize that this world is not our home and we are just passing through, it gives such hope to push forward and press on in Christ.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 (NIV)

Opportunities are all around us this day to share hope to a lost world. The question is;
Will we share this hope to a lost world? Will we be the ones who live purposefully in reaching others for Christ?
What a day this can be!!
This morning, I reached for my Bible and got so excited! As soon as my hands wrap around that precious Book, my heart swells and I stand in awe that the God of the universe...my God...my Savior, gave this Book to me. His love letter to me...His blessed Word! Flipping through those beautiful pages, one by one, and reading how He feels about me, what He has done for me and continues to do for me, and knowing that He has given me everything I need, right there through those pages, on how to live this life leave me humbled and grateful. My God...He is the Word! Oh, hallelujah!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:1 (NKJV)

If you haven't done it yet, go grab your Bible. Hold that precious Book in your hands and just take a moment to soak in the blessing it is. Then open it and feast on His Word! Get nourishment to sustain you today. Get direction on what to do. Get hope that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do! Praise HIM!
Now, go out and share that hope with someone else today! Live life on purpose!
Blessings for YOU this day!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment