I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, September 8, 2013

~ Down In My Soul ~


Sitting on my front porch this morning, before church, enjoying the cool temperature and a cup of coffee! I love that I can come out here with God's Word on my lap and sift through these beautiful pages and find love letter after love letter to me by my Abba Father. There are days when the weight of the world and the hurtful things said about me can be overwhelming but then I open up these pages and read what my God says about me and I realize that's ALL that matters.

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

"'I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty."
2 Corinthians 6:17-18 (NIV)

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
1 John 3:1 (NIV)

I love that He hears my prayers! I love that He comforts my soul! I love that He satisfies every need of my heart! I love that He guides and corrects my paths! I love that HE is GOD and I am not!

Today, my prayer is that I am so consumed with Him that everything else fails in comparison, that my focus is on my AMAZING LORD, and that others see HIM in me!

I love the words of this song and I woke up with the lyrics on my heart.

Set a fire down in my soul
That I can't contain
That I can't control
I want more of you God
I want more of you God

Yes, God, more of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment