I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, April 13, 2014

"Hosanna! Blessed is He Who Comes In the Name of the Lord!



“A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”
Matthew 21:8-9

I can just imagine myself being there that day! The whispers going around that Jesus was coming! Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee was coming in to town! 

Can you feel the excitement? 

People scurrying around trying to find that spot where you could see him and maybe even get close enough to touch him! This was Jesus!

As I envision myself there, I see the crowds forming. And there I am just trying to find the perfect spot, but the crowds are so thick that I can’t get through. I run up and down trying to squeeze in somewhere, just so I can get a glimpse of my Jesus! Please someone let me in. There are so many people running around trying to get through just like me and then, I hear the shouts, 

“There he is!"

The people start cheering and my heart is racing but all I can see are the crowds. Where is he? Where is my Lord?

Then, the crowds start making room for his triumphal entry! In such great honor, they start taking off their cloaks and spreading them down on the ground for our Lord to walk on. People were waving their branches as they shout and cry,

“Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!” 

At this point I am feeling so overwhelmed, just the very presence of my Lord brings me to tears and then I see him! There he is! In all his magnificent glory! HOSANNA! He was riding in on a donkey and a colt that were covered with cloaks. There was just something about him that changed my life! As he passed me by, he looked straight at me and as his eyes met mine, there was something so peaceful, so comforting in those eyes. It was a look of love, a love like no other, an indescribable love! This was MESSIAH! My Messiah!

This same Jesus, riding through the streets of Jerusalem, is the same Jesus that in just a few more days would be betrayed (Matthew 26). People would turn their shouts of praise and honor into angry shouts of hate and murder. Oh, how it makes my heart hurt to see them bow to the pressure and turn their backs on him.

Then I think…would I have done that? If I were truly there, would I have succumbed to that pressure and desert my Lord? My heart is heavy because my love for my Jesus is so strong and I cannot fathom betraying him in that way. But we have seen it done so many times by those close to Jesus and I just pray. I pray that I will not be a life that betrays the very one who gave me life.

Oh gracious and awesome Father, my love for you can match no other and the very thought that you were betrayed and murdered on that cross causes my heart to hurt a deep, deep pain. Knowing that these were people just like me, it could have been me, turning my back on you. Precious Lord all I can say is, I’m sorry! I may not have been in the streets of Jerusalem that day, but, there could be times in the present where I praise you one minute but turn my back on you in another. Lord, keep my eyes and my heart focused on you and your saving grace and mercy! My heart’s desire is to always honor you! You are worthy of all that I have, all that I am! Your love for me stretched out on a cruel cross and caused you pain and death. Not a moment goes by that the very thought of that love for me doesn’t bring me to my knees. Father, you are everything, and may my life bring you honor and glory! Hosanna, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!

Your child,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment