I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, April 7, 2014

It's Monday, but It's OK!

Well, here we are on the morning of that day that rolls around every week that seems to draw deep groans of out people and a huge increase of complaints all over social media. Yes.....it's MONDAY!

You may be dreading today for various reasons but I assume it's mostly because it's the first day of the work/school week and then there are 4 more that come after it before another break. And for many, this break is the one you have been waiting for....SPRING BREAK! After the oddest winter I have seen, this spring break comes as a welcome rest to most. Of course, my kids had their spring break already so for us, in many ways, it will be business as usual but I won't have to be at work every day and those days I do, it won't be at the crack of dawn so, I guess you could say I'm somewhat excited. Lol!

Maybe you don't get a "spring break". Maybe you're a 5-day-weeker that doesn't work off an academic calendar so you feel that there is no light at the end of your tunnel. Or, maybe your a mom (like me) who may or may not work outside the home but the "mom" hours don't get a break even on a Saturday morning. Maybe you are waking up in a not-so-great mood this morning, unmotivated to get going, and stumbling to the coffee pot on that smidge of hope that the caffeine will give you a much needed boost of energy to get through this dreaded Monday.

Well, my dear friends, wherever you find yourself this morning, may I please have the privilege to offer you some encouragement?

First of all, let me remind you of just how amazing you are! Right in front of me this morning is the Book of all books. The Word! And in this incredible Book, God tells us just how He feels us....about YOU!

1 John 3:1 
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Matthew 5:14 
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

Psalm 139:13-16 
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

1 Peter 2:9 
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Ephesians 1:4-5 
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-

Ephesians 2:10 
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

If that doesn't make you want to shout "Glory" then let me continue.....

Also in this wonderful Book are the promises He has given us. Let me share just a few but you will want to go back and look for yourself because this Book is full of them and they are for YOU!

Psalm 91:1
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 15:7-8
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

Wow! I could go on and on but I do have to go to work this morning! Haha! This is AMAZING stuff here!

My point is this, yes, it's a Monday and yes, we have several days before even the slightest break BUT we can go forth in the power and glory of God and be ALL that He desires us to be today. We can walk in assurance of his incredible love for us and be a part of His Kingdom's work in every opportunity He places before us this week. That could be at our jobs, our schools, our homes and anywhere else our journey takes us this week. Now, doesn't that sound more exciting??

Let me just say that you have been prayed for this morning! If you are reading this, you, my friend, have been prayed for! I have lifted you up to the throne room of heaven and prayed for YOU!

Have a beautiful Monday! Rest in His promises and glory in His will!!



No comments:

Post a Comment