I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, April 21, 2014

40 Days


40 days from today we will embark on a much-anticipated family vacation! It is not to a tropical island with sandy beaches and umbrella drinks or a magical Disney theme park "where dreams come true" (of which both we also love ;) but to the mountains of Virginia, in a cabin in the woods where our souls can breathe deep beautiful breaths of refreshment!

So, what is going on during these next 40 days until vacation?

Well, some incredible, albeit very busy, things! Lol!

We will be wrapping up our current school years of preschool, homeschool, and "part time" school with lots of special events and end of year testing. While we wrap things up on the home front my hubby will be traveling the globe for work. Yes, it will be crazy! Yes it will be busy! Yes, it will probably have me in tears at some point! Ha! That is life! It is crazy sometimes. It is messy sometimes. It is hard A LOT of times. BUT I have an amazing God who promises to carry me through and give me strength for the journey! He brings me joy unspeakable and is the only One who can bring peace in the midst of "crazy", make a message out of "messy," and make sense of the "hard". He is so faithful!

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."
Psalms 28:7 (NLT)

So in HIS steps I will walk obediently and hold my hands high in praise because He is so worthy!

Then 40 days from now, I will still sing HIS praises, give HIM glory for the journey, thank HIM in all things, and welcome HIS presence with us at our little cabin in the woods. There, in the mountains of Virginia, we will take a deep sigh and rest in the glory of HIS creation while we enjoy the blessing of family and rejuvenate our souls in His Word!

Thank you precious Father!

"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips."
Psalm 34:1 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment