I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, April 4, 2014

How Can I Pray For You?

This morning, my rendezvous with Jesus is taking place on a balcony over looking the water. Yes, it is beautiful and not the normal setting for my quiet time. My normal setting is in the quietness of my home in the wee morning hours while the sun is still trying to wake from its slumber. But today I didn't have to wake before the chickens and got to experience this beautiful sunrise and sit at the feet of my Master in a new setting! Although, it really doesn't matter what my setting is, whether it be a tropical paradise or a kitchen where we didn't quite get all the dirty dishes in the sink cleaned the night before, when I'm in the presence of my Jesus...HIS presence is all I need! He is so good!

Before I began my study of His Word, my heart turned to those who are struggling today. Over the last few days, I have received many texts and emails from dear souls who are burdened and struggling through valleys. Precious souls who are waiting for answers, searching for direction, and just weary and in need of encouragement. All of them with the same requests.....PRAY! Oh, what an honor! Our brother, James, tells us that we will face trials and we should consider it joy. Yes, that's right...JOY! Well, it doesn't feel quite joyful in the valley but what comes from it will strengthen us to bring glory to God. Listen to this:

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
James 1:2-4 (NLT)

Wow! That's intense and encouraging!

Each and every dear soul has been lifted to the very throne of God this morning and He hears our cries! We have that blessed assurance that He is in control! Hallelujah!

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

What about you this morning?

Maybe you too are struggling and trying to make sense of the valley you are in. I've been there, my friend. The valleys are hard and we need the encouragement and prayers of those close to us to keep us focused on God through it. I've had some precious friends that prayed me through some deep valleys throughout my life and I praise God for them! Their encouragement to trust God through it and the assurance that He truly was working all things for my good gave me peace in the storm. You see, He didn't necessarily calm the storm at that moment but He calmed this child in the midst of it!

I've seen God at work in such mighty ways this week! Fears have been faced, walls have been broken down, souls have been encouraged. The trial may not have been defeated yet, but what God is doing in the midst of each circumstance is truly a blessing to behold! He is AMAZING God and I praise HIM today!

How can I pray for you?

It's my high honor to lift you up today! Please know you can private message me, email me or text me your requests in confidence and they will be prayed over today! Let's continue seeing God move this week!!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment