I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, September 25, 2014

~ The Greatest Love Of All ~

In our house we have a rule....when dad gets home, mom gets the first hug! Our kids know that when dad pulls into the driveway each evening and everyone makes a beeline for the door, they just need to make a path because no one gets a hug from dad until he wraps his arms around his bride. The kids are so ingrained to this now, that if I don't hear Matt come in, they will come find me to hurry and go give him a hug so they can follow suit. Our kids know how much we love them, but they also know that our relationship comes first.  They understand the love we have for each other is a priority and so amazingly special!

I began to think of how we view our relationship with Christ. When we wake up in the morning, do we go to our Savior first before we start taking care of all the other responsibilities and people in our day or do we put other things as priority over him.  As important as all the other things may be, do we show our great Love just how special He is to us by embracing him first in our day? Does everything else around us fail in comparison to falling into the arms of our Love to begin our day? Wow! Just a sobering thought this morning!

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
Psalm 84:1-2

I want my Jesus to have my first embrace in the morning. I want him to be the One that gets my attention before the responsibilities and activities of the day get in motion. He deserves to be praised and loved on.  After all, he put all things aside as He stretched out his arms and endured the pain and agony of death on a cross for ME. That, my dear friends, is true love. 

My kids find comfort and stability in seeing that their parents love each other so much. They appreciate our affection toward each other. Think about the people we encounter daily, our families, our coworkers, our friends, etc. Do they see the love we have toward our Jesus? Because spending time with him daily will make us fall so deeply in love that it will be hard to go unnoticed! An intimate relationship with Jesus Christ is like none other. Do others crave that kind of relationship with Him because of the life-changing affect is has had in our own lives. 

Wow! What a thought this morning! 

Oh sweet, precious Lord. The love I have for you is indescribable. Waking up every morning and sitting at your feet is the very best part of my day. Soaking in the truths of your love letter to me make me fall deeper and deeper in love with you! I can open my heart to you as you welcome me just as I am. Lord, help others to see just how amazing you are through my testimony. May I be a light that shines your greatness and glory to a world in darkness. Let them come to you, Lord, and partake in the greatest love relationship they will ever have! 
All my love, 
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment