I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, September 27, 2014

~ My Three Blessings ~


This morning I'm sitting here cuddled up with a blanket, my Bible and a cup of coffee on my front porch. The cotton is growing across the street and the sun is shining so beautifully this morning that I just sit and praise God in his majesty. The song I sing this morning in praise is, "How Great Is Our God". No matter how hard my week has been, I can ALWAYS sing that song in truth!

I sip my coffee this morning out a special mug....my "mom" mug! It was a gift from my sweet Callie a couple of years ago and every time I drink from it, God reminds me what an incredible honor I've been given to mother the three most amazing children in the world!

Right now, so many things come to my heart that remind me of just how blessed I am by these children and it would take me hours to share it all. But after an emotionally draining week, these are some things that blessed this mom's heart:

Ben, waiting out for the package of medication while I was at work and sending me a picture to offer comfort. Then coming home to find he had washed all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Callie, my teenage daughter, reaching over to hold my hand while we're driving down the road and sending me words of encouragement. Caleb's sweet hugs and finding me in the mornings asking me how I slept the night before.

Those three blessings right there....Ben...Callie...Caleb! I feel so unworthy sometimes that God allowed me to be their mother. I absolutely treasure every moment of them. Though not every moment is easy and pleasant (because parenting is hard), I treasure every second because God, in His divine providence, created those special miracles and entrusted me to be their mother. Wow! I will continue praising God for them and looking for His direction in guiding them through life.

So, right now, I will sit and rock some more on my front porch. I will sip my coffee and praise the One who blessed me with motherhood. I will enter my house in a little bit and hug my kiddos tightly and tell them again, just how much I love them! I will hug their dad tightly too because...well, he is my man and I always look for opportunities to hug on him! Lol! ;)

Enjoy your Saturday, dear friends, and remember to praise the One who gave you breath this morning. Then hug your children tightly and tell them how much you love them. If they aren't near you today, then call them and tell them. Don't take that privilege for granted!

"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."
Psalms 127:3 (NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment