I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, March 3, 2012

~ Clearing the Hurdles ~

Watching the Olympics is always an exciting time! I get so inspired when I see those athletes that have trained, many of them, for most of their lives get out there and give it all they’ve got. All their hard training and blood, sweat and tears that they put into their efforts get to be acknowledged and awarded. One of the many games that I enjoy watching is the hurdle event. These Olympians sprint as fast as they can but with such precise technique have to jump over these hurdles that are in their way of getting to the finish line. These athletes make it look so easy and they just glide over those hurdles like it is a piece of cake. There are those that don’t quite clear the hurdles though and then disaster can happen. If they don’t clear those hurdles with precision, then they fall down and their chances of winning greatly decreases. But then you have those that knock over the hurdles and quickly recover and continue to the finish line to complete the task they set out to do. Wow! Such inspiration!

Hebrews 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”

I began to think about my own race through life. Many times it feels just like a sprint and that I am going along with the finish line in sight but then in order to make it I have to clear obstacles in my path. Some of these obstacles, or hurdles, can seem very small and I can glide over with great ease and continue my sprint toward the finish line, but other times, the hurdles are so big that I don’t think I can make it over and want to turn around and go back. Sometimes the hurdles are farther apart and I’m able to catch my breath and regain momentum, but many times they can be so close together that it almost seems impossible to clear one more hurdle. That is where my faith and trust in God has to be solid. If I relied on my own strength to get over these giant obstacles, I would come crashing down and relent any opportunity of winning this great race. But when I turn to my faith and draw strength from Almighty God, then my feet glide over these hurdles and the Holy Spirit carries me on the track to complete the race.

Isaiah 33:2 “O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.”

I love how my God takes care of his children! There have been many hurdles in my path over the last year and I thank my precious Lord for seeing me over every single one of them! Sometimes those hurdles have been one right after the other but each and every time, he has given me exactly what I needed to make it over and continue on this amazing path of life! I draw my strength from him and I look to those around me to lift me up in prayer. I have the most amazing family and friends that continually pray and encourage me.

Where are you in this race? Are you in a sprint and find yourself continually blocked by hurdles that seem insurmountable? Do you feel like you can never reach the finish line? Well, I am here to tell you that you can be victorious in this race called life! My God will equip you with everything you need to run this race. Just draw on his Word and find others around you to lift you up to the Father in prayer. I know from experience, and God has NEVER let me down! He is the strength, power, breath, comfort, encouragement, and love that we need to fulfill his purpose in life. Remember this week as hurdles come in your path to draw on that strength that is available to you. Continue your sprint and let God take you over the hurdles and remain victorious! If he brought you to it, he will see you through it!

Hebrews 13:20-21 “May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment