I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Day of Praising My Lord

What an absolutely gorgeous day we had here in Wilmington! It is hard to believe that our winter here has been almost non-existent, azaleas are already starting to bloom, and spring is on the horizon. Well the last two days, we have had the privilege of coming home right after school! I know most of you reading this don’t understand what the big deal is, but we usually never get home before 8:00 on most nights and some nights it’s much later. In the last two weeks, we have had some pretty big changes in our schedules. First of all, basketball season is over and the practices and games have ended. I love basketball and seeing my son play is great but I do admit that I am relieved it has ended for this year. Also, I left my position at Weight Watchers where I have been leading meetings the last three years so my Monday nights are now open to my family once again. This was a very difficult decision for me because WW has been such a huge part of my life for so long. The members at my meetings had become like family to me and we shed many tears together on my last night there. They each hold a special place in my heart and I look forward to keeping up with many of them on their continued journey to a healthy life.

You know, through these many months of pruning and growing, God has always been so faithful to me. I cannot imagine my life without my constant and unchanging God! He has seen me through every turn, curve, pothole, crater etc. only to make me stronger in him and more excited to fulfill his work in my life! For those of you reading this that don’t understand a relationship like that with this magnificent God, I would love to share with you what my God has done in my life and what he can do in your life. I have made some huge changes in my life, but only through much prayer and devotion to his Word for guidance and direction. Giving up things in my life that are precious to me have been difficult, but the rewards of being in the center of his will far out weigh any and every thing I could ever imagine. I know God has great things in store for me in this new direction I’m on. Will there be hard times? Absolutely! Is everything going to be roses and candy? No! But, what I’m sure of is if God called me to it, he will see me through it!

Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

One thing I love doing is sharing scripture with the kids! I get so excited reading verses that the Lord lays on my heart to the kids and sharing what God has shown me through it. This afternoon when we got home from school, I gave the kids a little break from the usual ritual of getting homework done immediately and I told them to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather. I decided to sit in the sunshine, soak up some wonderful vitamin D, and dig into the Word! Woohoo! What an awesome time! I had the kids bring their Bibles and share with me some of their favorite verses as well. I love that special time! I encourage all of you parents out there to have your kids do the same! What a blessing you will receive! Let me share with you these wonderful verses:

Caleb shared:

Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Callie shared:

Psalm 19:14 “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”

And Ben shared:

I Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”

Hallelujah! Once again my God amazes me with how he gives me treasures to feast on from my sweet children. All three of these verses are so rich with truth that my heart smiles with the warmth they impart.

Thank you sweet Jesus for allowing me these opportunities to share God’s Word together with my three beautiful blessings!

I want to make sure to take every opportunity to share the love of Christ with my children, my family, my friends, my coworkers, and anyone that comes in my path. Life, my dear friends, is but a vapor and we are not guaranteed our next breath. So what we do today does matter! Life can be busy and schedules overcrowded but don’t ever be too busy to take advantage of those priceless opportunities to share a verse of scripture with someone, to stop and pray for someone, to be a listening ear to someone, to give a hug to someone, and to be the hands and feet of Christ to someone. I am grateful to God for allowing me this pruning time! Time for new growth in him and boundless opportunities to sing his praises to all who will listen!

As I close this very wordy blog, I do want to say “thank you” to all of you who take the time to read my teachable moments. What started off as a way for me to journal my time with God has become a time to share with the blog world some very personal time with my Lord and I pray that in some way it ministers to you. This is just the real me getting REAL with a very real and powerful God! Whew! GROWTH, for all to see! Talk about accountability! Lol! But in all humility, thank you! If I have encouraged even one of you to grow in your relationship with God, then all lessons that have been very openly laid out for everyone to read has been worth it!

I close this devotion tonight with a verse that I love! This is what is in my heart at this moment and how I want to live my life!

“Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.”

Psalm 150:6

Praising my Lord~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment