I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, March 5, 2012

~ Love At First Sight ~


When my kids were first born I could not stare at them enough. I would spend hours just looking at each little finger and toe while marveling at the beautiful miracles that God had entrusted to Matt and me. I would sit and rock them as I sang about how much Jesus loves them and just praise God for those precious souls. Even though Caleb was not with me from the moment of his birth, that didn’t stop those same feelings of the first time I held him at 3 ½ years old. I watched him intently as he slept that first night just in awe of that precious miracle. I spent many nights rocking and telling him how much we loved him and how Jesus made him so special. It was love at first sight for all three of my children! Though they are very different they each are magnificent creations that have their own unique stamp from their Heavenly Father! The love I have for my children could not compare to the love I have for anyone else’s children. Why, because they are mine! As parents, we take so much pride in our children. They are part of our family and there is nothing that we wouldn’t do for them. We laugh when they laugh, smile when they smile, and hurt when they hurt. It is our job to protect them and bring them up in the way they should go! What an amazing privilege it is to be a parent!

Think about the love that our Heavenly Father has for us! He takes so much pride in his children! Though we are all different, we are each made in his image and have his unique stamp on us! Just as I tell my children how special they are, God tells us in his Word just how wonderful we are. Read this passage of scripture:

Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. 
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

How could we ever feel down about ourselves? We are masterful creations that have been made in his glorious image!

Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.”

That makes me want to shout “Hallelujah”! Ok, I just did! Woohoo! We were made in the image of God! When we place value on our lives according to what others think about us or how they judge us, we can feel discouraged and worthless at times. But, when we realize how much our Savior loves us and cares enough to know even the number of hairs on our heads, we can rest in complete contentment to know how valuable we are because we belong to him!

Luke 12:7 “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

Think again about the love you have for your children and how special they are. Now remind yourself, through the scriptures we just read, about how wonderful and valuable you are! He protects his children and enjoys our presence. Every time you tell your children how special they are, remind yourself how special you are to your Heavenly Father. He is enamored with you and loves you more than you could ever imagine! Now that is something to ponder!

Have a blessed week savoring his love!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment