I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving...

Happy November 1st! I hope you all enjoyed an extra hour of sleep! I cannot sleep late, as much as I try, so I was able to enjoy another beautiful sunrise with my Jesus!

I am so excited to begin my favorite season of the year! A season of thanksgiving has begun!

I am not, nor have I ever been, a big fan of Halloween so I, for one, am glad to see it over. Lol! I love seeing the cute little costumes, seeing the children’s happy candy-filled faces and seeing families spend time together but the dark side, gruesome costumes and focus on zombies and death creep me out. Ha! Too much of the dark world is not something I like to joke around about or make light of so I stick to the Light because in HIM there is life and no darkness at all! Light dispels darkness. Hallelujah!

“In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”
John 1:4-5 (NIV)

But here we are on the beginning of a season of thanksgiving and then going into the celebration of our Savior’s birth. I can’t think of anything that I would rather put my focus on than on what my God has done for me. The blessings of His love and redemption make my heart explode in thanksgiving and I could never truly express my gratitude to Him. But….I would like to try!

So today, November 1, 2015, on this Lord’s Day as I stood on my back porch watching the sun wake up, I began to give praise to God for all He is to me.  I pray we experience a great awakening throughout these next couple of months as we focus on our great and mighty God and all He has done for us. This world is getting darker by the day but when we put our focus on the Light and let His light shine through us, we will see darkness dispelled. Let us carry the light and shine brightly for all the world to see!

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”
Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)

I begin this month of thanksgiving with one of my favorite passages and I pray that we all keep this on our hearts and minds throughout the season. May you be blessed today!

“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
Psalm 100 (KJV)


Precious Father, in YOU I trust and in YOU I give my praise! Today, I enter this season with a heart of thanksgiving because YOU are GOD! YOU are LIGHT and YOU are TRUTH and I lift YOUR name on high this day! YOU are worthy of all glory and honor and, today, may others see YOU in me. It’s ALL about YOU my Savior, my Redeemer, my LORD! YOU are good and YOUR mercy endures forever! Amen and amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment