I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

~ Tell Me Again! ~

Caleb loves for me to tell him the story of how he came into our family! Several times a week I hear that sweet little voice say, “Tell me again, mommy!” So I start at the beginning and go all the way through our flight to China on a big airplane, touring through the towns seeing where he was from, and finally, walking into the Civil Affairs room, so excited with butterflies in our stomachs, and hearing our name called and as we turned around there he was! Our sweet little Caleb, so scared, walking with his nanny, a cracker in one hand and the teddy bear we had sent him months before in the other hand. As I picked up my precious boy I just melted because he was “home”! He was in mommy and daddy’s arms, right where God wanted him to be! A beautiful moment! I tell him how much mommy, daddy, Ben, and Callie love him and how God made us a family! He smiles so big and a peace comes over him to know just how much he is loved!

You know, that is exactly how I feel when I think about how much my Savior loves me! What peace there is in knowing that no matter what, he loves me with a never-ending, unconditional love! That makes me want to shout! (And out here in the country on my front porch, I have shouted a few times! Lol!) His love for me is deeper than the ocean, wider than the sea and taller than the tallest mountain!

Psalm 36:5 “Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.”

I guess it can be hard to fathom a love like that but God’s Word is clear when it talks about his love for us:

I John 4:9-10 “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

There are many verses in Scripture that account for God’s amazing love for us! I’m sure I could fill up several pages with precious verses that bring me comfort! What a blessing it is to open his love letter to me and read over and over again the beautiful stories of how he loved me enough to sacrifice his life for me. I love to read how he cares for me and will never leave me! I love to read of the many promises he has made and you know, it brings a gentle peace over my soul and joy to my heart! I hear myself calling over and over again to him, “Tell me again, Daddy!”

As a child of God we are blessed to have the assurance in his Word! We have that sweet fellowship of our prayer time to converse with our Creator and express to him how much we love him! What an honor!

This morning as I sit on my front porch and watch the deer across the field graze for their breakfast, I am again in awe of my Lord! In the peace and serenity of the moment I praise him for all he has done and all that is yet to come. My front porch has become a place of worship for me this summer! A place to soak in the very presence of my Lord and give him praise for his glorious love and mercy! A place to be reminded over and over that he is in control! A place where his glory dwells!

Psalm 26:8 “LORD, I love the house where you live, 
the place where your glory dwells.”

So, as I go about my day, I will dwell on his love that is so abounding, I will talk of his goodness, and I will praise his name because he is so worthy! And when times allow, I will sit at his beautiful feet and say, “Tell me again, Daddy!” because it will never get old hearing of his love for me!

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment