I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The "New Normal"


Bombings

Earthquakes
School Shootings
Campus Lockdowns


Nuclear Threats
Bombings, earthquakes, school shootings, nuclear threats, campus lockdowns.

Just the sound of that makes me think of some epic film with people lining up at midnight for the grand opening show and lots sold out theaters. A major blockbuster movie with lots of action and excitement and a star studded cast known for their dare devil stunts and heroic acts. Yes, if this were ONLY a movie! But in reality, this is life on this earth we inhabit. Events so surreal that we wish it were only on the big screen. But then we realize....this is our "new normal".

What a stark reminder of the fallen world that we live in.

Since 2:50 Monday afternoon, my phone has been inundated with message alerts of breaking news and Internet and news headlines have been plastered with bloody images of a domestic war zone. Social media has been overloaded with prayers and well wishes and questions of "why?" and "who?" are on everyone's hearts. Conversations at the office and around town have all been centered around our "new normal". It's horrible, it's unthinkable, but sadly, it's reality!

The main thought on my heart is...this is not my home. My home will be in eternity with my Jesus! What glorious hope!

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

The lyrics of this popular song, by Building 429, have been resonating in my soul today and I am thankful that I have the confidence that I WILL spend eternity with my Savior in glory. There will be no more fear, no more crying, no more sorrow. It will be joy with my Jesus forevermore!

Over and over throughout the last 24 hours, God has so sweetly reminded me, in the midst of the devastating news, that He is still on his throne, He is still in control, He still heals, He still brings comfort, He still loves, and He still SAVES!

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
John 10:10 (NKJV)


“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 (NLT)


So tonight, I stand on the promises of God's Word! His love and comfort permeate my soul and I give praise to him, praise for His presence in the midst of this storm. He is here and He is in control!

"My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:2 (NIV)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

“The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him."
Exodus 15:2 (NIV)

"The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad."
Psalm 118:24 (NIV)

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”
Isaiah 12:2 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment