I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Different Direction...Same Destination!

I just realized that is has been over a month since my last post! Wow! A lot has gone on during these first several weeks of 2012 and getting my fingers to type all that the Lord has shown me would take many hours if not days. I apologize for not stopping by to say “hi” or share some scripture that God has enlightened my days with but sometimes to be silent is a good thing as well. January sure was a busy month with work, school, basketball, and all other wonderful responsibilities of being a mom of 3 kids, but it was also a month of tremendous growth. I know most of my “teachable moments” that I share with you are all about this growth process that God is taking me through but what I am certain of is that I never want to stop growing. My prayer is, “God grow me more today, take me out of my comfort zone, unsettle me, so that I can be all you desire me to be for your glory, and your glory alone.”

I’ve spent most of my “free” time these past several weeks just immersing myself in God’s Word! Oh, how I love it! Those priceless moments when I’m alone with God, in his Word, reading and soaking in all that he has for me. I crave it, I long to be back there. I carry my Bible with me at all times, so I can steal time away with God whenever those extra moments arise! Sweet, sweet fellowship with my Savior!

It’s been no secret that over the last year, I have been through some really challenging times. I’ve shared that with you on here and I’ve also shared with you the amazing process of surrendering everything you have so that God can fill you up with his love and goodness. It has been a long process and one that has definitely had it’s share of “growing pains” but oh, the wonderful things I have learned, and the incredible times I have experienced by having every fiber of my soul laid out before Almighty God! I am committed to being a woman that says, “yes” to God no matter the cost and that decision comes with great sacrifice but even better, great reward!

Those times when I go to God with hands wide open ready to receive all that he has for me are beautiful moments. But sadly to say, there are times when I go to God lovingly with arms held high, but my fists still are clinched not ready to give up everything. You would think, after all I’ve been through, that this would come as second nature, but I can be stubborn at times and I need a little thump on the head! Lol! I am continuing in that full and utter surrender, as hard as that may be sometimes, because I want to continue in the work God has started. I am excited about what God is doing in my life! Paths that I have been on for years, are starting to change direction and though that can be scary, it also is exhilarating to know that these changes in direction are all leading me closer to the heart of God…right where I long to be!

Proverbs 16:9 “In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.”

I will continue seeking the heart of God, no matter what direction that takes me because I know that the final destination is glorious! A life surrendered to God is beautiful and I desire to be beautiful for my Lord!

I Cor. 2:9 “However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, 
no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”.

Have a beautiful week of surrender to your Lord!

Allison

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Allison for putting your beautiful heart into words. I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete