I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Chapter In This Adventure

Growing up I was never much of a reader. I used to dread reading assignments in class because the books never really made much sense to me and really turned me off to reading. It is much different now, as my kids get to pick books they really want to read, that grab their attention. I am so glad for this! All three of them are big fans of reading! Now that I am older (no sarcastic jokes here about my age, haha), I have really become quite the reader! I find myself anticipating what book I am going to read next! There is so much excitement in reading and I imagine myself right in the middle of the story as if I were there! For Christmas, my sweet husband gave me a Nook, which is an electronic device for reading which holds thousands of books right at the click of a button. How awesome is that!?!?

When you are reading a book that you are really engrossed in, you find yourself stuck to the pages just waiting for what happens next. Sometimes those chapters are so exciting that you don’t want to go to the next one because you feel it might ruin the ending you have already built up in your mind. But then there are times when you can’t wait for that chapter to be over so you can turn the page and read the wonderful ending that you envisioned! Ah, reading, what an exciting adventure!

The Book that has really grabbed my attention in recent years is that of God’s Word! All 66 books have such meaning and truth and I find myself just immersed ready to see what there is next. When the Holy Spirit breathed his sweet breath on those words, how could it not catch our attention? Well my dear friends, he has captured me and I am his! I hang on every word of my Lord and long to finish the story!

As I look at my life, it truly is one big storybook. But I praise God that he is the author of my life! He writes the pages and each new chapter is determined by his will for my life. Over the last few weeks, I have been rereading the story of my life to this point. Wow! It is amazing how God orchestrates each chapter to bring together a book that will bring him honor and glory. There have been many chapters that I reread and see the mistakes I made or the hardships I faced, but when I look at the next chapter I see how God took those and brought them together in teachable ways for me to continue his story that is my life. There have also been many chapters that brought such joy rereading and seeing how God used certain situations to add to the storyline. Each and every chapter thus far has not been without purpose. Every word on the pages of my life has such purpose for my sweet Savior’s honor and glory! Every mistake, every success, every hardship, and every victory are for growing me closer to him to bring about a faith that is steadfast and unshakable. If I would put the book of my life into a category, I would say that it would be classified as an adventure. An adventure through life seeking his will, making mistakes along the way, but ultimately learning to be obedient when he speaks.

I am right now in the midst of closing a chapter in my life and beginning a new one. Though it’s hard to see that chapter come to a close, I know its time and I am excited to embark on a new one. God never ceases to amaze me with his clear direction when you ask him to show you. I have been, for several months, in a place of utter surrender and asking God for the strength to be obedient and, trust me; it hasn’t been without some resistance on my part. It has caused others to question my decisions and has left some to talk and make their own conclusions, but all I can say is, when you truly surrender your life to do his will, you can’t worry about what others think or say. God is the author of my life and when he speaks, I listen and obey. Period. I trust my Lord with my life and I know that he wants the very best for me! When he is ready to close a chapter, then it is time to move on to a new one!

Hebrews 12:2 “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

I urge you to do the same! God is the author your life too! Let him write the beautiful pages of your life and don’t hinder his work. Don’t worry about what others think or say. This is your story written by the greatest author known and he will sustain you. Though it may not be easy at times, we know that God’s plans are better than anything we could ever fathom.

I look forward to new chapters, I thank God for the previous chapters, and I will cherish each and every word he writes on the pages of my life!

Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Have a blessed and adventure-filled week!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment