I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

~ God's Amazing Love ~

I am constantly in awe of God’s provision! He meets each of our needs exactly when we need them. Emotionally, physically, financially, and spiritually, all needs are met! Oh my sweet Jehovah-Jireh! This week alone, God has amazed me, yet again, with his unconditional love and provision. When I stop to think about all the ways God provides my every need, I get overwhelmed at how he is always concerned about me.

Phil. 4:19 “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

He knows my every need at the exact moment I need it, yet he also knows about each of your needs at the exact moment you need it. He is such a “big” God! Sometimes I think I take up too much of God’s time because I constantly long to talk to him and come to him for everything. I feel a little selfish. But then, I remember: He is God! He knows everything, at every second, of every one, and still controls the universe! WOW! That is why he is God and I am not!

You know, in thinking about all his wonderful provisions, I have to stop and marvel at the ultimate provision, his Son! He took his only Son, and sacrificed him for a lowly sinner – ME! God’s Word defines what true love is:

I John 4:10 “This is love; not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

On this 2nd day of February, 2011, I want to begin this month of “love” and soak in every bit of God’s Word about his love for me. He loves me so much that he does provide my every need and in turn we are to show that love to others. What a great way to start the month!

Have a blessed week!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment