I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

~Striving for Excellence~

Christmas break is over and we dove head first into a New Year! School bells have rung again and we are back in full swing! The school supplies are in use again, uniforms have been laid out, schedules are posted, and lunch boxes have been pulled back out of the pantry! Of course, the first day back to school is always the most fun! Seeing all your friends again and catching up is great, but then that fun starts to wear off as soon as the homework is handed out and early morning wakeups hit. Reality sets in and as parents; our job is to encourage the kids to continue the year with good study habits and routines so they can finish strong. We are also their “cheerleaders”, if you will, to encourage them when the going gets tough and they just don’t think they can do one more piece of homework. We also want our kids to strive for excellence in all they do. In our home, we do not demand all “A’s”, but we do expect them to do their very best in all areas. God doesn’t expect perfection in us, but he does expect our best. That is something that we try to instill in our kids, through God’s Word.

Our best! That is what God deserves in all areas of our lives. Not just for the kids in school or sports, but from all of us in every thing we do. We wholeheartedly need to give our all to God. In our parenting, our marriages, our jobs, our relationships, our ministries, and every other area, we need to work to give God our best, to strive for excellence! King Hezekiah was a king that had a close relationship with God. Though he did make mistakes at times too, he was credited for trusting the Lord and seeking excellence.

“This is what Hezekiah did throughout Judah, doing what was good and right and faithful before the Lord his God. In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.” 2 Chronicles 31:20-21

“He sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.” We, as children of God, need to seek God daily. That requires us to be in a deep prayer life, and daily reading of his Word for guidance and direction. We expect our children to go to school with homework done and prepared for tests and quizzes, and the same is true with us. How can we expect to go through the daily tests of our lives without being prepared by studying our textbook for life and consulting our Teacher? As servants of the Lord, people are watching our lives. Does your life reflect the grace, love, and mercy of our Savior or does it reflect how the world lives? I want my God so honored that people around me find it contagious! They should crave what we have when they see his greatness! He deserves our BEST! He is worthy of all that we have and all that we are!


Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

May the cry of our hearts be to seek excellence for our King!

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment