I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, June 6, 2011

~ Sweet Summertime ~

This is our first official day of summer! Yes, I know that on the calendar summer doesn’t begin until June 21st but school is out for my kids and my preschool office hours are scaled back too! Oh how I love summertime! Probably more this summer than in a long time! This summer, for me, is all about the ministry of family! God began dealing with me last fall about those precious gifts right in front of me that need more of my attention. Those gifts are my wonderful husband, my 3 awesome kiddos, and my beautiful sisters! Over this last school year, my time with the Lord has really become so sweet. I crave it! I can’t wait until my next time alone with him! It really is awesome to spend that time with my Lord! During those times he has shown me that there is so much he wants me to do! Time for some physical, spiritual & emotional nourishment and so much more of his glory that he wants me to encounter!

I cannot imagine my life without those intimate times with my Jesus! Wow! It is like eating, drinking, and sleeping. These are necessities to function physically, but my time with God is necessary for me to function spiritually (and physically too)! When you come to God and bare your soul before him and lay everything out on the table, it becomes a time of healing and growth! That is exactly where I want to be! Right at the feet of my Master giving him all the praise and glory he is so worthy of and allowing him to guide and direct me in this journey of life!

Don’t you just love how his Word permeates your soul? God already knows our hearts, so there is such comfort in being so open and honest before him and allowing his Word to heal and guide through the beautiful pathway of life. If you don’t crave that time with God, then you don’t spend enough time with him. Only speaking from experience here! There have been times in my life when my intimate time with God was good, but there was not a deep longing to be there in that place with him. The more I dove into his Word and spent more time fellowshipping with him, then the more I craved it! I think that is true with a lot of things in our lives. Those things that we spend a lot of time on become the things that we crave when we are away from them. What better craving could you have than that of Almighty God!

Psalm 119:18-20 “Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. I am a stranger on earth; do not hide your commands from me. My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.”

So, today I officially begin my summer with such excitement for all that God has in store! I’m excited to grow more in my walk with him through time in his Word, I’m excited to spend those precious moments with the 3 best kids in the world, I’m excited for my “girl getaway” with my beautiful sisters, I’m excited for our China family reunion in Disney World, I’m excited for cheer camp with those awesome cheerleaders, and I’m excited to devote more of my attention to being the wife to the most wonderful husband in the world!

Great things happen when you stay open to God’s will in your life! I encourage you to spend more time with your Creator! The more time you spend with him, the more you fall deeper in love with him and experience that abundant life that he has promised!

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

John 10:10

Have a beautiful week in the Lord and as your summer begins, make sure God is your first priority and enjoy the blessings of his full and abundant life!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment