I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Whom Will You Choose Today?

"...choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” 
Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

This verse keeps resonating in my mind this morning. The Lord placed it there for a reason so after praying over it again this morning I wanted to share it with you. It's a familiar passage as we see it written on beautiful home decor such as picture frames or wall hangings and we may even have our own homes adorned with it. But it's so much more than a decoration to don our walls or mantles. It's a declaration of allegiance to the God to whom we serve.  

Matt and I committed this verse for our family early into our marriage but what we have to remember is that it is a daily surrender. Each day we need to choose that our family will serve God and him only. Because when you don't choose God, you will serve something other than him. Our family serving God begins with Matt and with me. Individually we have to choose to put God at the top of our priorities and give him the rightful place in our lives so that our family can grow and serve him. We pray that as our children grow and become more independent, that they too will continue to serve God with their lives. 

Today I'm thankful God placed this verse on my heart. I needed that reminder to daily surrender my all to the ONE I adore and commit to serve HIM only. I will stay tender, today, to the opportunities that God will place all around me to speak his Word and share the love of Christ with others. I want the world to see Jesus in me and know that it is HIM that I serve. ALL glory and honor are HIS! 

Whom will you choose to serve today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment