I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Walking Down Memory Lane Through China 2007 - Days 1 & 2


Ten years ago today our family of 4 boarded a plane for China to bring our Caleb home! Here is the first post of our 16-day adventure in China as we experienced the miracle of adoption. I hope you enjoy the journey as we travel down memory lane over the next several days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 - We Have Lift Off! ~ May 3 & 4, 2007

We finally made it! We just checked in our hotel and we are doing great, just a little tired! We started the day at 8:00 am Thursday at the RDU airport and it is now 4:45 am Friday morning US time (4:45 pm China time). We are glad to report that the flights were smooth and uneventful, just the way we like them. The kids did great! They are real troopers. There is nothing like being suspended in the air for 14 hours! The flight was packed. About half of the people were Chinese and the other half were adopting families! They fed us lots of food and had some movies playing, none that we were interested in. The kids thought the little bathrooms were neat and we got up and walked around a lot ( no blood clots, Mom). A couple of times it seemed like a party, everyone looking out the windows and talking to each other. It really did go by fast. The highlight of the flight was going over the North Pole! That was cool and we have some pictures of that. We looked hard for Santa but he was nowhere in sight! The flight took us up over the North Pole, Siberia and Russia and on into Beijing. After being up for 23 hours now, I still have not seen nighttime, how weird is that?

Two of our bags did not make the flight so hopefully they will be here tomorrow. Please pray that they make it soon. One of the bags is Caleb's and the other had some extra clothes in it. It took a while in lost and found filling out paperwork but our guide, Rosa, says she will take care of it. We are confident that God knows where they are and we will have them soon! We are going to take it easy and get lots of rest tonight and then we have a full day tomorrow; Tianamen Square, Forbidden city & Summer Palace. We will have a blast!

Thanks for all your prayers so far. We are so excited to be here. As we landed in Beijing, my heart leaped for joy just knowing we are in Caleb's homeland! Only a few more days till he is ours forever! God is so good to get us to this point and everyone is safe and healthy! Please keep up the prayers and we will keep you updated!

We love you all!

Matt, Allison, Ben, & Callie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving USA...next stop - CHINA!

On a jet plane!


Flying over the North Pole
Ben riding in the cab on the way to the hotel in Beijing!

Callie posing for a quick picture at the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment