I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, April 7, 2012

He Is Risen ~ He Is Risen Indeed!


So, how are you preparing the night before Easter? Are your thoughts cluttered with “what am I going to wear to church”, “do I have everything for Easter lunch with the family”, “do I have enough things in my kids Easter baskets”? I’m sure that many can say “yes” to at least one of these questions. But I have to be honest when I say that all I can think of is my Jesus! Easter outfits have not been the top of my list this year, nor has filling baskets loaded with candy for my children. My mind and heart are overflowing with the thoughts of that empty tomb! Jesus is not there! Death couldn’t defeat him and the grave couldn’t hold him! He arose just as he said and is alive and well! Praise God!

Matthew 28:1-6

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.”

I don’t have a long devotion tonight. I just wanted to bring your thoughts to our Risen Lord! In my life, and the lives of all believers, this is what it’s all about! Jesus paid our penalty and rose again just as he said! Tonight in preparation for Easter, I worship him in song, I worship him in prayer, I worship him with thanksgiving, and l worship him with praise! I love my Jesus and I long to bring him my very best! Dear friends, my Jesus is alive! That’s what Easter is all about! Tomorrow we get the marvelous privilege of gathering together in God’s house to celebrate our Risen Savior! I pray that you prepare your heart for this glorious occasion and come prepared to worship our Lord!

He is risen, he is risen indeed!

Celebrating our Risen Lord,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment