I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, February 1, 2014

One Month Into 2014!

February 1st! So we are one month in to 2014 and I'm already exhausted! Haha! The first month was, what a good ole southerner would say...a humdinger! I won't go into all the crazy details because, well, that's not what this post is about. But I will say that this past month my tears have flowed freely, my heart was broken, my faith was stretched, and my knees are sore from being on them in prayer. So, all on all, it was a month just like our brother James told us we were going to have.

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
James 1:2-4 (NLT)

Your month may sound similar to mine or you may be on a mountaintop because yours was the best month ever. Whatever the outcome of January has been, these are some things that I know and am certain of:

 ...that God is still on His throne! (Psalm 45:6)

...that He will take care of every NEED I have! (Philippians 4:19)

...that He will never leave me nor forsake me! (Deuteronomy 31:6)

...that He is working it all out for my good! (Romans 8:28)

...that He is still in the miracle working business! (Psalm 77:14)

...and that He deserves ALL glory, honor, and praise through it ALL! (Revelation 4:11)

My dear precious Father, I praise YOU today! Hard times are inevitable but your promises remain and in YOU I find my strength. I pray that I honor YOU on the mountain tops and in the valleys and that others see YOU in me. I don't want my trials to define who I am because without YOU I am nothing. So I pray that these trials grow my endurance, through the testing of my faith, and that YOU are glorified though my life. I pray that my life is a testimony of YOUR grace and mercy. I pray that I honor YOU with my actions as I go into battle daily, with my mouth as I shout YOUR praises, with my mind as I think on things that are holy, and with my attitude as I represent YOU! Thank YOU for it ALL! I love YOU, sweet Lord! My life is YOURS! Have YOUR way in ME!

Today, I want to lift you up as well. Are you struggling and feel beaten down? Let me pray for you! Feel free to private message me your request, with complete confidentiality, and I will lift your burden to our Father.

Blessing to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment