I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy 22nd Anniversary!



Today we celebrate 22 years of marriage! Wow! What an absolute blessing! The celebration actually commenced last Sunday as I began sharing our love story each day. It was great taking that walk down memory lane. Reliving the good times and the not so good times really makes you appreciate every second that God has blessed us with. The good times left us all nostalgic and the bad times left us praising God for seeing us through and remembering that our lives apart from God are nothing. It is only by HIS amazing grace and mercy that these two humans can continue to build on this marriage with so much love and respect for each other.

Last year on our 21st anniversary we spent the day in the hospital as Matt was having an ACL repair done on his knee. I am thankful to report that we are spending our 22nd anniversary in the quietness of our home, surrounded by our three awesome kiddos, and faithful dog, Louie. Yes, we are big party animals. Haha! In all honesty, this is exactly where we want to be today. Enjoying the blessing of home and family, out of the busyness of life. We will get time away…soon, but today this is where our celebration is. I think Caleb is almost as excited about our anniversary as we are. Lol! He told me the other night that he could tell I was so happy about our anniversary and as I walked down stairs this morning, he was waiting at the bottom of the stairs singing a little anniversary “diddy” that only Caleb could compose! Ha! That boy is something else! J

My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving today! My amazing hubby is still just that after all these years! And though I have said I love him more today than I did 22 years ago, I also like him more too. Yes! He is still the one I would rather spend all my time with. He is still by best friend. He is still the one who makes me laugh more than anyone else. He is still the one!  

Today we will reminisce with our kids about our wedding and we will probably break out the wedding video and let them watch it …again. Lol! (Torturing your kids in this way is a perk of parenting! ;) But we will celebrate another year, ordained by Almighty God, to love each other and honor HIM with our lives and our marriage.

Blessings on this most perfect day…our 22nd anniversary!

“…but the greatest of these is love.”
1Corinthians 13:13b


No comments:

Post a Comment