I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, October 26, 2013

~ Preparing for Rain ~

For some time, God has been dealing with me in some areas of my life. I will not go into the details on here because they are between me (and my husband as we are one) and the Lord. I've been praying about them, but to be honest, I haven't actually prepared for God to bring what he planted in my heart.

I had a moment yesterday, as God was dealing so strongly in my heart and stirring up so much, where I just had to take some time away from the sessions and go to the prayer room that was set up for us. It was a place to break away from the "norm" and find some one-on-one time with God. I retreated in this quiet place, dimly lit, with chairs and sofas to reflect and pray. There weren't many in there so I found a spot and opened my heart before the Lord. I asked his forgiveness for not believing what He placed in my heart would be followed out. I began writing out my prayer to him. Raw, no pretty words. Just honest conversation to my Heavenly Father. Praising him for who He is and believing that the work He began....He will complete in His time.

I began preparing for rain!

One of my favorite movies is "Facing the Giants". I'm sure most of you have seen it. If not, I encourage you to watch it even this weekend (the whole movie is available on YouTube). In this movie was told a parable of two farmers. Both needed rain desperately and prayed for it but only one began to prepare his crops for the rain.

As I opened my heart to the Holy Spirit's leading this weekend, He impressed on me to begin preparing for rain.

Faith, trust, believing in HIM to complete the work HE has begun!

Yes, Lord, I'm preparing for rain!

Is God asking you to do the same in your own life? Are you in desperate need in your life and praying but haven't begun to prepare for the rain?

I encourage you today to prepare. If God has laid it on your soul; pray, seek, and prepare for Him to complete the work in you in His time!

He is faithful!

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)


(Here is the clip of the movie)

http://youtu.be/WAxwS8KyMQQ

No comments:

Post a Comment