I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, October 14, 2013

~ Faith Christian Academy continues..... ~


It was 8 weeks ago today that we began our first full year of Faith Christian Academy so I thought I would give you a little update on the school year.

Things are going really well! Of course there was some bumpy terrain along the beginning but through lots of prayer, God met each need and smooth roads were met again! He continues to astound me with His constant faithfulness! After the first 3 weeks of school, it was evident that we needed to reevaluate our curriculum choice for Caleb. It was quite different and although it has wonderful reviews, it didn't workout well for him. I love how God takes our earthly frustrations and helps us put them in His heavenly perspective! He makes all things new!

God opened door after door for Caleb and through several divine interventions, he is on a great track of learning. We are thoroughly enjoying our learning together!

Caleb is working at a late 3rd grade level in reading, spelling, and language, 4th grade for science, and after some placement testing, he is now excelling in 5th grade math. That is what I love about homeschooling. It has allowed him to grow right where he's at and flourish. Praise The Lord! He loves our science and PE co op class every other week too!

Ben and Callie are plugging along and, aside from Ben's chemistry class, love it! Lol! As I keep telling Ben, he made it through geometry 2 years ago and he will make it through chemistry!

All 3 of them amaze me! I am truly one blessed mama and I praise God every single day for those 3 precious blessings! They help each other so much and get along better than any siblings I've ever seen. They work hard on their homeschool work and have shown such great responsibility.

There are many days I feel like I've flopped as a homeschooling mom and the thoughts of, "Am I messing up my kids?" will gallop through my tired, worn out head some days. But then there are the soft whispers from God telling me it's all going to be ok. Those tender reminders that because He brought us to it, He will see us through it are priceless and necessary.

As I think on our journey, I pause on these moments I cherish:

Caleb's sweet face when he "gets it" during our language lesson.

Ben telling me how well Caleb read to him that morning.

Callie calling out questions to Ben as he studies.

Ben and Callie learning together during their online class.

Cuddling up with Caleb as we read an afternoon book together.

Watching Callie prepare family dinner and seeing the look of pride on her face as we enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Hearing Ben encourage his brother and sister during their studies.

Writing love notes in their assignment pads as I plan their lessons.

Coming home from work to find the kitchen completely clean, laundry folded, and school books worked in.

Watching tears run down Caleb's face as Ben prayed over him for strength and encouragement from God after a tough day.

Getting sweet texts at work from Callie letting me know how she helped Caleb with spelling and moved him on to his next task.

Going in their messy rooms and, while preparing my lecture about cleanliness, finding their Bibles opened and notes of what God is showing them through His Word.

These are only a portion of those moments I cherish. You see, just as soon as I feel defeat from the enemy, God quickly sends me reminders of what is truly important. It is then He refreshes my soul to the task He's called us to. We don't have everything perfect and I know there are others far more organized and qualified than me but this is our story and God is still penning those beautiful pages every day.

I am grateful for the journey and blessed beyond measure!

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."
Psalms 127:3 (NLT)

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)








No comments:

Post a Comment