I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, July 27, 2013

~ Study the Word ~


Good Saturday morning all my dear friends in cyber world! I'm again sitting on my front porch enjoying some quiet moments with my Lord! I have my hot cup of coffee in hand, dog at my feet, Bible on my lap, and I'm watching the deer run back and forth in the field across the street. Oh, how I love it!

This morning I cannot stop thinking about the Bible lesson I did yesterday! Our summer Bible study group is on lesson 8 of our 12-week study of the book of Daniel. Can I just say, WOW! Yesterday's lesson, (or should I say 3 days of lessons because I couldn't stop with just one day, lol) has gotten to me! Oh, the Word of God! I'm in awe and I'm so in love!

I became a believer at the young age of 6 and, thankfully, grew up in Bible-believing, Bible-preaching churches but even at the age of 40, there is still so much that I don't know. There is still so much that takes my breath away and so many times, leaves me utterly speechless! That is my God!

Yesterday was one of those days!

Oh sweet friends, if there is one thing you will get out of this post today I hope it is this:

Study, learn, and grow in the Word of God! Let God move in your heart through His Word! Our time on this earth is but a vapor and Christ's return is getting closer. Are you ready?

It's time we take the Word of God seriously and start studying. Don't just leave it to our once-a-week Sunday visit at church to learn. Our pastors bring the Word every week but it's up to us what we do with that message and also to continue studying God's Word throughout the rest of the week.

I want to know His Word more! I want to live His Word more!

There is so much in those beautiful pages for us. God's letter, His love letter, to us!

I urge you today to begin carving out time for study. Join a Bible study group for accountability and encouragement during the week. If you can't find a study to join, start your own and invite others to join with you. I cannot tell you the blessing I get with the encouragement from my fellow sisters-in-Christ. We discuss our lessons all through the week on our FaceBook group. I love seeing the things God shows them! It inspires me and challenges me to go deeper!

My heart is stirred this morning!

If you want to join a group but don't know where to start, please don't hesitate to ask. I know of many great studies getting ready to start in the next month or I can help you begin your own. Just take that step to LEARN! You won't regret studying God's Word deeper....that I guarantee!

Blessings for a beautiful day in His Word!!

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”
Isaiah 40:8 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment