I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, July 26, 2013

~ Laying My Burdens At HIS Feet ~


This morning I woke up feeling burdened. A heaviness that I didn't understand. I took it to my Lord. Only He can lift the burden that I can't even explain. Only He can bring peace to a weary soul. Only He can satisfy.

In this moment, on my front porch, I soak in the beauty of His creation. I soak in His presence as I pray and talk to my Father. I read His Word for guidance and direction.


And His Word is a salve to my wounded soul.

Burdens are part of this human life. But it is what we do with them that sets us apart. Do I choose to keep the burden and let it weigh me down or do I choose to lay my burden at my Father's feet as He commanded me to do?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

I choose to place it at His feet!

In the stillness of this very moment, He makes himself known. His Word! His glorious WORD!

Abba Father, I praise You today, because YOU are worthy of ALL honor and ALL glory!

AMEN and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment