I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, July 25, 2013

~ In HIS Name I Pray ~


Yesterday was a “work from home” kind of day. Though I usually don’t have quite a heavy workload in the summer, this one has been drastically different as we prepare for a big year at SHCA! So, since I’ve spent just about every day in my office, I decided to bring the office home where my kids are. It was nice to stay in my cozies all day and enjoy my kid’s laughter all around me as I tackled the computer work.

Toward the end of the day, I received three different requests for prayer from three precious ladies.  Each one of them broke my heart, as it is hard to see them suffer. But what an honor it is to lift requests to the Father on behalf of some sweet sisters-in-Christ. Though my heart aches for each one of them I count it an honor to approach the throne on their behalf.  You see, God places others in our lives for encouragement, support, and guidance.  Speaking of my own life, there have been many times when I have been that person seeking prayer and to know the one on the receiving end would take my request to God in prayer was such comfort to my soul. There were times I didn’t know how to pray in my circumstance. There were times where I needed someone to encourage me in the Word and help me make sense of the “mess”. Yes, we need others! We need to reach out and not pretend that we have it all together because we don’t.

I am grateful for the calling God has placed on my life to encourage and reach out to other women. I am thankful for God’s grace that got me through some devastating circumstances in my own life. I am thankful for the precious souls that were there for me and are still there in a moments notice. I am thankful that God, in His divine providence, is still on His throne, hears our pleas, and works on our behalf!

Today, I lift these requests to His throne again and ask for healing, for peace, for comfort, and that God, himself, will be glorified through it all!

“But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.”
Psalm 18:6 (NLT)

“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.”
Ecclesiastes 4:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment