I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy February! Love is in the air!

Happy February! The shortest month of the year but, to me, the GREATEST month!

Next Wednesday Matt and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage! What?!?!? 25 YEARS! The silver anniversary! Praise the Lord! 

I can truly say that every day is sweeter and we treasure growing old together! I'm so blessed to grow old with him...my best friend. Though no one wants to grow old, that is part of this life here on earth and I have the honor of doing just that with him! Anyone that knows us very well understands how important our marriage is to us. It is something we cherish and we work hard at. So, in honor of our silver anniversary, I am going to post blogs this next week based on our marriage journey. I took that walk down memory lane and shared our love story with you a couple years ago and apparently there were a few of you that enjoyed it and asked if I was going to share it again. So, for those few of you…I hope you enjoy! 😉

God has given me a strong desire to encourage other marriages. Though ours is not perfect (believe me😬) we do take it seriously and enjoy the beautiful covenant we took in the presence of our God. I have been married to Matt for over half of my life and it would be fitting to say that God has given me some pretty incredible "teachable moments" during these last 25 years. It has not always been romance and roses (although the majority has❤️🌹) and at some points has been down right hard. But God has been so faithful and, through Him, our marriage has endured some pretty rough terrain. Terrain that has tested us and our commitment to each other but brought us to the place in which the covenant we took before God on February 8, 1992, has become even more special... more treasured... more sacred!

I look forward to sharing our journey this week. There is something exhilarating in taking that nostalgic walk down memory lane! Being reminded of how we met, how we fell in love, and how we continue to do "life" everyday with 2 busy jobs, 3 kiddos, and many other things thrown in the mix, can only make us stronger and I look forward to sharing that with you. I often share these memories with our kids and, believe it or not, they seem to enjoy hearing them. Or maybe they just amuse us but anyway....Lol! 
Marriage is a blessing! In a day and age where marriage is seen as a contract between two people instead of a covenant before Almighty God, I count it an honor to share with the world the secret to a long and lasting marriage. That secret........is God front and center! It doesn't work any other way for us!

I hope you will join me this week as I count down the days to our silver anniversary. My purpose is to reflect on where we’ve been so we can continue moving forward and hopefully encourage some of you in the process. We haven't always gotten it right in our 25 years but our mistakes have been used to learn and grow so that our marriage can remain strong. We will make more mistakes through our years together, of this I'm sure, but we will use them to better ourselves and let God work in us. 

The journey begins tomorrow! So, my friend, grab a cup of coffee in the morning and join me for my walk down memory lane!

"But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Mark 10:6-9 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment