I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, April 15, 2013

Beginning My Journey of Saying "YES" To God!


Saying "yes" to God doesn't mean a life of rules and boredom. Saying "yes" to God is a life of freedom and adventure. No, it's not always easy but it's always worth every second of giving your all to the very One who gave his all for you. 

This is the blog I wrote a couple of years ago shortly after I began my journey of saying "yes" to God. I cannot even begin to explain all the amazing things God has taught me along the way. But I can tell you that I will NEVER go back! This is my life and it all belongs to HIM! 

I hope it blesses your heart..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I just love those times when the Holy Spirit prompts me to stop what I am doing and spend more time with him! This week has been one of those weeks when I have changed my plans many times to give my undivided attention to my awesome Lord! Sure things on my “to-do” list may not have been completed but I can tell you my soul has been nourished. From what I have received from those quiet times crying over the beautiful promises in God’s Word, my soul desperately needed that sweet nourishment.

For many months now, God has really been doing a work in my life. I felt as though he has been preparing me for changes to come but not quite knowing what he had in store. I have felt his presence so strong in leading me in new territories. I have asked Matt and a few close friends to pray that I would be open and obedient to what God had in store. Along this journey, he has called me to a time of “radical obedience”. You know when you hear either one of those words by themselves, they are pretty powerful but when put together it raises the meaning to a whole new level. Webster’s defines “radical” as “fundamental, extreme” and the word “obedience” as “submissive compliance”. Wow, put that together and you get “fundamental and extreme submissive compliance”. Okay, that just made obeying pretty serious!

As the Lord has tugged at my heart about this radical obedience it has not come without some resistance on my part. Just being honest here! Anything that goes against what feels comfortable usually tends to have some resistance, and I can assure you that some of the areas that God is directing me are definitely out of my comfort zone. But you know, comfort leads to complacency and I don’t ever want to get complacent in my walk with God! I want to continue growing in my spiritual life. I want to mature and have God mold and shape me even more. I have discovered that growth in Christ is not looking for comfort and complacency, but looking for purpose and perspective, God’s perspective! This week especially, I have seen Satan trying to keep my perspective at a place where it could be discouraged because of trials and challenges at bay. But praise be to God for his Word! His Word says to glory in our sufferings!

Romans 5:3-4 says, “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”

So long Satan! God’s Word is powerful and such a source of encouragement! God uses our times of suffering and trial to equip us for the journey ahead. The end result is hope! As God has so evidently called me to a time of radical obedience I know that the focus of my mind and my heart will shape the decisions and the actions that I take. So how do I keep my focus on him?

Isaiah 26:3 says, “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”

My mind needs to stay steadfast in him and him alone! I have a choice. I can wake up each morning and dread what is in front of me or I can wake up and choose obedience! I don’t know all that God is calling me to do just yet. He is revealing those things in his time, not mine. This is his journey for me and I am just a willing vessel to be used for his glory! Scared as the road may seem sometimes, he will go with me. He will never call us to do his will without equipping for the journey and staying with us every step of the way! So I am in for the long haul….radical obedience!


Lord, today I choose to accept the tasks you have for me because I desire a life sold-out for you.Today, I say, “YES” to you! God, keep my focus on you alone so that I can complete the work to further your Kingdom. I choose to say, “Yes” even when my flesh wants to say “no”. I choose to persevere when times get tough and challenges seem overwhelming. I choose to trust you when the task seems uncomfortable. Lord, I choose you because there is hope! Lord, I choose you because I love you!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment