I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

~ Love Him With All Your Heart ~


I received a phone call last night from a sweet friend who has been struggling through a difficult
situation in her life. This phone call was completely different than the one I received from her a few weeks ago when she was sobbing and desperate for hope. As I prayed with her that night, she wept because her circumstances seemed hopeless and God felt far away. I encouraged her that night to begin reading the Word and making time to spend time with God. I gave her a book that was near to my heart about being a woman after God's heart.

Well, last night even though she is still in the midst of this trial, her voice sounded lighter and there was a difference. I asked her what was different and she said that her relationship with The Lord was growing stronger. She had not realized how much she was neglecting her time with The Lord. Yes, she would read a scripture and go to church. She would even read through devotions she would get online. But, the difference was now she was being intentional about spending time with her Heavenly Father. She is searching the scripture, she is feasting on his Word, she is looking for his guidance, and she is enjoying his presence! Hallelujah! 

You see, her storm is still active but she has found hope! The hope that comes from finding Jesus in the midst of the storm. She isn't focused on the storm because she is redirecting her focus on her Jesus! Wow! That is powerful! 

God can take your mess and turn it into a beautiful message! That is what he is doing in this precious friend's life. She's got it! It's all about HIM! 

My desire is to see more and more women find that passion for Christ! Don't let it take a traumatic situation in your life to bring you to this passion. Start today to be intentional about spending time at the feet of your Jesus. Enjoy his presence and soak in his glory! Feast on the pages of scripture for nourishment! Love him with all your heart and serve him only! 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment