I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

~ YES! We are 'that' couple! ~





I love talking about my husband any chance I get! He is my best friend and love of my life. Our times together are precious whether on a date or sitting at home. I love how he makes me smile like no other and how the butterflies still gather in my stomach when he picks me up for a date.

One day as I was sharing a story about him to a friend. She stopped for a moment as she saw how I lit up talking about him and said, "Oh, y'all are 'that' couple." I wasn't quite sure what she meant but with the roll of her eyes and her nodding head, she proceeded to tell me that we were "that couple" who actually enjoy each other’s presence and "gooey love" stuff. Well, I took that as a compliment and began to ponder on the qualities that make us "that couple". Here are some of those:

We are the couple that enjoys spending quiet moments together at the end of a crazy day.

We are the couple that still loves to hold hands walking down the road.


We are the couple that finishes each other’s sentences.

We are the couple that leaves sweet comments on social media that cause my niece to roll her eyes.

We are the couple that slow dances in the kitchen even when there is no music.

We are the couple that puts our relationship second only to our relationship with Christ.

We are the couple that enjoys "grossing out" our children by stealing a kiss any chance we can.

We are the couple that still writes love notes to each other and hides them under pillows.

We are the couple that can find romance on a beautiful Caribbean cruise or even in a messy house after a tiring week.

We are the couple that gets teary-eyed while reminiscing about our dating memories.

We are the couple that still writes, "I U" on post-it notes and leave them on the bathroom mirror.

We are the couple that looks toward our golden years and hopes to be like the sweet elderly couple we saw walking hand in hand on the beach.

We are the couple that laughs at each other’s corny jokes because we actually think they are funny.

We are the couple that falls in love with each other over and over again every time we look at our children.

We are the couple that sees our wedding covenant as a sacred blessing even after 21 years of marriage.

We are the couple that joins hands and hearts as we pray together to our awesome God.

We are the couple that studies God's Word together for wisdom navigating our marriage and family.

We are the couple that understands that Christ has to remain the center of our marriage as we are one in him.

We are the couple that still says, “for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, till death parts us."

Yes, we are that couple! We will have it no other way and we give all glory to God! 

"My beloved is mine, and I am his..."
Song of Solomon 2:16a (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment