I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, February 11, 2013

~ A Treasure Within ~


I have to just start this morning off by saying how amazing my God is! I don't know about you, but there are times when God will lay a passage of scripture on my heart and even though I know it well, it can just be so fresh and new. Oh, how I love the Word of God! I was reading this morning and was just drawn to this passage in Corinthians that is so special to me. I have it bookmarked and I've focused on it many times but today, it's as if it jumped right off the pages of my Bible. It was clear that my Father wanted me to feast on it today but also that someone else reading this post was also in need of it.

Take a moment and clear your mind of every other distraction and let this seep into your soul this morning!

"For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."
2 Corinthians 4:6-10 (NLT)

We are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure! Wow! We have the power of God and no matter what comes to us; we will NOT be taken down!

I know there are many right now that feel as though the attacks are coming at you from every side. It's almost as if you feel like you can barely hold your head above water. I understand! My dear friend, we have this promise, this precious treasure, and the power of God is within you and me! We will get knocked down, we will get beat up, we will face trouble, but we have this promise that we, as children of Almighty God, will not be destroyed! He will never abandon us and through his mighty power we will remain strong! Hallelujah!

I needed this bold reminder this morning as the week begins and I'm sure there are many of you that do as well. Let's hold firm to this promise this week and give God the praise he rightfully deserves! Through his strength I am strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment