I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

~ Giving Him Praise Today! ~


The good news is that I was able to get some sleep last night and I didn't cough a lung up! For that I am grateful because I enjoy sleeping and I am quite fond of both of my lungs! Lol!

I look forward to going to work today and beginning my day with staff devotions! Tuesdays the pastors and admin staff of SHBC join us for a time of praise and the Word before we begin ministering to hundreds of families that come in our doors. Good times! Then I look forward to my morning hugs from those precious preschoolers as they come barreling in the doors ready for a day of fun and learning! All that before 9:00! Wow! Now that is a blessing! 

Now, not all mornings do I wake up that excited! Not all mornings do I wake up singing some type of "Good Morning" song whether it be a real song or one that transpired in my own mind. Well, almost all, but I do have my moments. Lol! I just love the gift of a new day! God, in his divine providence, has gifted each of us (if you are reading this that means YOU) with breath to begin a new day! How awesome is that? His Word tells us, 

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalms 118:24 (NKJV)

Whatever you're facing today, let me encourage you to first give praise to the very One who gave you breath! This day is new, was made by our God, and we are to rejoice in it! 

So, then what? The rest of the day comes and curveballs start coming at you, then the rain begins (if you live in Wilmington, it really will), and nothing goes as you planned. Then what do you do? 

Just give up! 

No, of course not! Dig deep down into your soul and pull out scripture that you studied to memorize for times like this. Call out to Jesus for strength in his name. Stop in the midst of the madness and pause for a moment with God. He is your God! Take time out for him! If you can't pray for yourself, call a friend and ask them to pray with you. I receive many texts and messages daily asking for prayer and I am so honored to do just that! There is help and there is hope and my friend, his name is JESUS! No other name will satisfy! No other name can brighten my day or soothe my soul as the name of JESUS! 

"For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:9-11 (NASB)

This day is new, it is full of hope, and it is a blessing from God! 

Now, let's go and get this party started! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment