I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, February 21, 2013

~ The Author of My Life ~

It was amazing to be back in Bible study last night with a room full of ladies ready to dig into the promises of God's Word! Even though Satan tried his hardest to malfunction every technological device in the room to hinder our study, it didn't work! Haha! He was NOT successful and of course, my God won! Oh, how I love my God! 

Yesterday was one of those "roller coster" kind of days. Anyone ever experience one of those days?? To be sure I'm not alone. It was a day where emotions were all over the place and phone calls, texts, and emails were coming at me quicker than my little fingers can go (and I'm pretty quick on the keypad). Another chapter in my life came to an end as the dawn of a new novel is beginning. So with excitement of new beginnings comes the heartache of endings but the lessons learned and life experiences will ultimately be part of a larger story.....the story that God is writing on my life. HIStory is MY story!

I'm so eternally grateful that my Heavenly Father is the Author of my life! He can write the pages so beautifully and orchestrate every word and detail so much better than I could ever attempt. At times, I'm not sure what genre of novel it is. Lol! Somedays it feels like a mystery, somedays it feels like a thriller, and some days it feels as though it could be a book of comedy. But in reality, it is a love story! It is the story of a loving Father ushering his daughter through this life on a journey as she seeks his will, making mistakes along the way, but ultimately growing in the love of her Father. The story is mine and He is still penning the pages of my life. It will never be on the New York Times Best Seller list but it is #1 on God's list and that is what matters! 

So through the drama, the mystery, the romance, the hilarity, the "real ness"...I go forward today a blank page ready to be filled with ink from the pen of my Father as he continues my story.....HIStory!


"In the morning, O Lord , you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
Psalms 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment