I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, February 9, 2013

~ An Anniversary to Remember ~


What a day it has been! Well, I guess we are into the next day now but the one before hasn't technically had a finish for me yet. The days are just running into each other. Haha! We began our anniversary day at 4:00 by taking a "romantic" ride to the hospital. As we spent our entire day there, I was reminded again at every detail that made me fall in love with my husband all those years ago. We weren't relaxing at a romantic tropical island or snuggling at a mountain resort. We were at a destination that, in no way, spelled out romance but yet brought forth all the things I love about this man. 

I spent the day taking care of my husband as I, myself, was congested and coughing with a cold. I helped him put his shoes and socks on and get in and out of the bed. I helped him drink from a straw as he was still groggy from anesthesia and fed him crackers when he was hungry. Though it didn't scream of romantic getaways we've had on previous anniversaries, I was right where I wanted to be....with my incredible husband, falling deeper in love for another year. Even now as I watch him sleep peacefully beside me, I thank God for allowing me the high honor of being his wife. What makes our love so special is that it isn't in just the beautiful, romantic times that our loves shines; it is during those not-so-glamorous moments of hospital gowns and non-slip socks where our love can really bring forth light. Those are the moments when you know what you're made of. Those are the moments that are real life. 

I am a woman feeling very blessed tonight! I got to spend the day taking care of the man I love and then I got to come home to our beautiful children and big golden retriever. Now when you look at what real love is....that is it! In all it's glamorous and not-so-glamorous moments, it is real, it is content, and it is full! I am blessed! 

I love you, Matt Jordan, forever and ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment